By scrolling through, you agree to the following terms and conditions. If you don’t agree to the following terms and conditions, you are not allowed to use Vivaldi.net (the “Website”).
What you agree to do:
- Respect the other members and help us build a strong community.
- Respect the intellectual property rights and privacy of any third-party and only publish content or other material that you have full rights for.
- Use our Website at your own risk.
You agree to not do the following:
- Harass other members of the community.
- Break any laws or regulations. Vivaldi Technologies AS is based in Norway and follows the Norwegian laws or regulations.
- Upload/publish illegal content or other material that you don’t have rights to publish/distribute.
- Upload/publish content or material that is obscene, defamatory, vulgar, sexually oriented, hateful, harassing or threatening.
- Use our service for illegal purposes.
- Hack our system or use our system to hack other systems and spread viruses, spam to other users or to any other third party.
- Create or use multiple accounts to abuse Vivaldi policies, bypass Vivaldi account limitations, circumvent filters or otherwise subvert restrictions placed on your account. (For example, if you’ve been blocked by another user or have had your Vivaldi account disabled due to abuse, don’t create a replacement account that engages in the similar activity.)
- Create Vivaldi accounts by automated means, or buy Vivaldi accounts from, sell or re-sell them to, or trade them with others.
If you violate any of the above, your account will be suspended or terminated, and you may be exposed to civil and criminal sanctions.
We do our best to provide the best community environment, however, we cannot be liable for any kind of damage, direct or consequential, resulting from your use of our Website.
We do not guarantee that access to our Website will always be available or uninterrupted.
The Website and all the Website elements are provided on an “as is” basis. This means that we cannot guarantee the accuracy and timeliness of information available.
We are not responsible or liable for content or services provided by any third-parties, which may be used on or linked from the Website.
Please note that if you delete your data, including but not limited to your blog and its entries, photos, and emails, we will not be able to restore it for you.
These Terms will continue to apply until ended by either you or Vivaldi. You can choose to end them at any time for any reason by deactivating your Vivaldi account and discontinuing your use of the Services.
We may suspend or terminate your access to the Services at any time for any reason, including, but not limited to, if we reasonably believe: (i) you have violated these Terms, (ii) you create risk or possible legal exposure for us; or (iii) our provision of the Services to you is no longer commercially viable. We will make reasonable efforts to notify you by the email address associated with your Vivaldi account or the next time you attempt to access the Services.
Inactive account policy
Vivaldi.net’s inactive account policy
We encourage people to actively log in and use Vivaldi.net when they register an account. To keep your account active, be sure to log in at least every 6 months. Accounts and their contents may be permanently removed due to prolonged inactivity.
How does Vivaldi.net determine inactivity?
Inactivity is based on a combination of participating in community activities (in forum.vivaldi.net or in vivaldi.net blogs), logging in, syncing browser data and using vivaldi.net email. Therefore, unconfirmed or mass-produced accounts without virtual practice in any of these community activities are also subject to permanent removal at any time. Please note that you may not be able to tell whether an account is currently inactive, as not all signs of account activity are publicly visible.
Vivaldi Community Services
By obtaining a Vivaldi.net account, you are entitled to use the Vivaldi Mail, Forum and Blog services also known as Vivaldi Community services.
As a condition of your use of these services, you agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and adhere to the guidelines below.
Spam and bulk content
- Your account will not be used to distribute spam or unsolicited commercial content.
- It is prohibited to use Vivaldi Community services to send:
- content which violates the CAN-SPAM Act or other anti-spam laws;
- unauthorized content via open, third-party servers; or to distribute the email addresses of any person without their consent.
- Automation of the Vivaldi Community services interface is also not allowed. This means that you cannot send, delete or filter content in a manner that misleads or deceives users.
- When a user marks some content as spam, it increases the likelihood that future content that you send will also be classified as spam by the spam filter that we use and run locally.
You will not use Vivaldi Community services to knowingly transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs. In addition, you will not distribute content that harms or interferes with the operation of networks, servers or other infrastructure belonging to Vivaldi or others.
Fraud, phishing and other deceptive practices
Unless you have their explicit permission, you will not access another user’s Vivaldi Community account.
Don’t use Vivaldi Community services to trick, mislead or deceive other users into sharing information under false pretences.
Don’t phish for users’ data, such as login information, passwords, financial details or identification numbers, or use Vivaldi Mail as part of a scheme to defraud others.
Vivaldi has a zero-tolerance policy against child sexual abuse imagery. If we become aware of such content, we will report it to the Norwegian Police Department, as required by law. We may also take disciplinary action, including termination, against the Vivaldi Mail accounts of those involved.
You will respect copyright laws in your use of Vivaldi Community services and will not infringe on the intellectual property rights of others, including patent, trademark, trade secret or other proprietary rights.
You are also not allowed to encourage or induce others to violate intellectual property rights. You can report copyright infringement to Vivaldi by using this form.
You will not use Vivaldi Mail to harass, intimidate or threaten others. Anyone found to be using Vivaldi Community services for these purposes may have their account disabled.
Keep it legal. Don’t use Vivaldi Community services to promote, organize or engage in unlawful activities.
Message storage, file storage, outbound messages and other limitations
The amount of storage space per user is limited. Some sent or received content, or uploaded or downloaded files, may not be processed due to space constraints or other limitations. You agree that Vivaldi is not responsible or liable for the deletion or failure to store messages, files or other information.
You can report abuse by using our contact form.
Vivaldi may disable accounts that are found to be in violation of these policies. If your account is disabled, and you believe that it was a mistake, please contact us by using this form.