Read this article in Deutsch, Français, Pусский.
We aim at providing you new browsing experiences at work, at home, and in cars. Our first outing in the automotive world was in December 2021, when Vivaldi browser was launched in Polestar 2. Now, Vivaldi arrives in the OpenR Link system of new Renault cars, including Megane E-Tech Electric and All-New Austral.
Drivers will be able to easily install the browser from OpenR Link, an infotainment system by Renault in their new Megane E-Tech Electric and All-New Austral, as well as future cars from the French manufacturer equipped with OpenR Link system.
Our Vivaldi browser offers a feel-at-home experience even behind the wheel. Watch, shop, and browse all from the comfort of the driver’s seat without having to pick up your smartphone or tablet.
The future of browsing in cars is exciting. We are thrilled to bring Vivaldi in the new Renault Megane E-Tech Electric, the All-Austral and in all future cars with the OpenR Link system. This is a powerful example of how we want to give a smart browser to the automobility sector, providing the driver and passengers with a completely new in-car-connected browsing experience.says Vivaldi CEO Jon von Tetzchner
A tour de force in flexibility and privacy.
Both Vivaldi and Renault share similar goals in creating breakthrough in-car experiences.
Renault has developed this partnership aimed at enriching the experience on board its new vehicles equipped with the OpenR Link system. Its new connected, intuitive and fully customizable infotainment interface offers the best of technology to provide accessible and user-friendly applications and services, as well as an always up-to-date system. It also offers an unprecedented connected experience, similar to that of a smartphone or tablet, and can be controlled with the fingers or with the voice thanks to voice recognition.
Similarly, Vivaldi’s unique visual appeal puts focus on ease of use and flexibility. We strive to adapt to your needs and offer you powerful features including a built-in ad blocker, tracking protection, a privacy-friendly translation tool, tabbed browsing, notes function, and encrypted sync functionality.
To ensure the safety of the drivers and passengers, the browser can be used only when the car is parked.
As you might already know, the privacy of our users is very close to our hearts, so you can be assured that you can browse privately in Renault cars with OpenR Link system with your data not being stored by the car. When logged into a Vivaldi account, browsing data may be shared between other devices logged into the same account. This data is not shared even with Renault.
Spend a lot of time in the car? Turn it into a command center for work.
Many people work in their browsers all day long. Being on the road in Renault’s next-generation cars with OpenR Link will allow you to turn your car into a command center for work with Vivaldi’s extensive functionality. Plus, charging stops and waiting hours turn more productive and fun.
- Stay connected, never miss a meeting: Take video calls from the driver’s seat, and set up access to the go-to web apps.
- Stream your favorites: Access streaming services easily, without the need for third-party apps. To ensure safety, the browser is functional only when parked. Streaming content will continue audio-only if driving commences.
- Start from where you left off: Sync browser data safely across different devices synced to Vivaldi on phones, tablets, Chromebooks, and computers.
- Manage multiple web pages: Combine multiple tabs in groups, and view them in Vivaldi’s unique two rows of tabs – a brilliant way to keep all tabs in a single window.
- Access bookmarks faster: Add bookmarks as Speed Dials on the new tab page and get sites with just one tap.
- Type notes quickly: Jot down ideas and inspiration with the help of notes in the browser’s sidebar
- Add a pop of color: Browse beyond dark and light themes, and choose any color in the browser’s ultra-customizable user interface.
- Leisure galore: Turn long wait hours into enjoyable ones with games including Vivaldi’s built-in game Vivaldia and more.
How to get Vivaldi on Renault Megane E-Tech Electric and All-New Austral
The Vivaldi browser app will be available in the Renault Megane E-Tech Electric and All-New Austral in France, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UK. Renault drivers can simply install the browser via MY Renault app.
Vivaldi for Android Automotive OS will receive regular updates alongside its other supported platforms (Windows, macOS, Linux, and Android).
Driving a Renault Megane E-Tech Electric or plan to get an Austral? Let us know in the comments!