Improved Speed Dial Layout
Our Start Page is with new and shiny design and gives the user options to choose between three layout views – Large Speed Dials, Small Speed Dials or Speed Dial List. You can select one of it by going to “Settings – Start Page”.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2060.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New] Improved Speed Dial Layout VAB-1693
- [Android 11] Exiting Vivaldi makes inaccessible items on the home screen VAB-2227
- [Tablet] Not visible bottom part of downloaded file notification when bottom address bar VAB-2359
- [UI] Back button doesn’t close tab switcher in private section VAB-2134
- [UI] Navigation buttons inside V-menu should also be at the bottom VAB-2202
- [Regression] Double URL field after changing settings VAB-2348
- [Regression] Google search highlight is broken VAB-2240
- [Regression] The x button to close tabs does not work VAB-2307
- [Regression] White line underneath the address bar when tab bar is off VAB-2339
- Upgraded Chromium to 86.0.4240.57
Main photo by Claudio Schwarz.