Here are some of the changes that have been made:
- With the latest update, when Android users click on the Help link within Vivaldi, they will be automatically redirected to the Android section of the Help documentation. This enhancement streamlines the process of finding information specific to the Android version of Vivaldi, enabling users to quickly access relevant articles, tutorials, and troubleshooting guides.
- In previous versions of Vivaldi, users experienced difficulties opening tab stacks from the Tab Switcher. The Vivaldi team recognized this issue as a regression and promptly addressed it. With the latest update, users can once again seamlessly open tab stacks from the Tab Switcher, enhancing tab management and overall browsing efficiency.
- We have recently upgraded the browser to Chromium version 114.0.5735.40.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
- [Help] Vivaldi Help link should open Android section automatically (VAB-7449)
- [Regression] Tab stacks cannot be opened from Tab Switcher(VAB-7373)
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 114.0.5735.40
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (3028.4)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (above). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
Main photo by Clark Young.