Always Show Desktop Site
Many of you wanted to have an option to see the desktop version of the sites you open on your device. Now you can do it by going to the Settings and enabling Always Show Desktop Site.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Beta/Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our fans a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to a Beta (or Final). If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package (currently in Beta).
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (1720.2)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New] Add an option ‘Always Show Desktop Site’ in Settings (VB-59366)
- [Regression] Empty trash icons for notes and bookmarks (VB-58835)
- [Regression] Missing label strings in bookmark edit UI (VB-59169)
- [Accessibility] Tab view menu cannot be chosen by finger-sliding (VB-58585)
- [Crash] Crash on low end device (Nokia 1) (VB-55424)
- [Notes] Hide separator entries synced from desktop (VB-59216)
- [Settings] Add summary for «Show Scrollbars» preference (VB-58910)
- [Settings] Disable enabling Developer options (VB-59279)
- [Settings] Not every dialog follows the night mode (VB-58889)
- [Settings] Toggle buttons are blue (should be green) (VB-58947)
- [Start Page] Long tap on Speed Dial doesn’t work well (VB-58596)
- [Sync] Disable notes or bookmarks in sync settings makes the sync (cloud) tab empty (VB-58888)
- [UI] Scrollbar position on the Start page is a bit off (VB-59363)
- Updated translations
- Updated Chromium to 78.0.3904.94
Main photo by Łukasz Łada