Drag speed dial to folder
We are continuously working to improve speed dial customization and to implement new features requested by our users. Drag speed dial to folder is one of them. Now, this is possible by tapping and holding a speed dial and dragging it on top of a folder, then releasing your finger. The speed dial gets moved to the desired folder.
Drag speed dial on top of another to create a folder
While you are organizing your Start Page, you might want to create a new folder with two or more speed dials in it. Drag speed dial on top of another and drop it, and this action will create a new folder with the name ‘New Folder’, containing both speed dials. You can move more items to it, you can rename it or move it to a different place in the Start Page – it’s all up to you.
This is yet another way to create speed dial folders.
Speed dial sub-folder indicator
With the two new features above, it is very easy to create a structure with several speed dial sub-folders. To be clear which folder you are in we’ve added sub-folder indicator on the top of the page. It shows the name of your current folder.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Beta/Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our fans a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to a Beta (or Final). If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package (currently in Beta).
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (1795.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New Feature] Add dragging item on top of other item to create a folder in Speed Dial VB-59061
- [New Feature] Add “Drag speed dial to folder” to add item to folder VB-59060
- [New Feature] Add sub-folder indicator in Speed Dial VB-62300
- [Regression] Crash on startup on some Samsung devices VB-60796
- [Regression] chrome://newtab in Settings-Homepage VB-60627
- [Address Field] Go back to using current search engine logo as favicon VB-60589
- [Bookmarks][Notes] Tapping “v” twice quickly adds two folders in some devices VB-60014
- [Bookmarks][Notes] Tapping back in folder should save item VB-60642
- [Sync] Skip updating Speed Dial when no changes VB-60833
- [UI] Landscape view panel VB-59800
- [UI] Shadow in bottom bar in Panels not transparent VB-54531
- Updated translations
- Updated Chromium to 79.0.3945.118