Yesterday we released a minor upgrade to Vivaldi 1.5 to fix a few, small but important issues found in the stable release. It was also the first time we tested our new delta update system on Windows. A normal upgrade of Vivaldi for Windows using our default packages would have resulted in a 38.5Mb download, however the delta upgrade is less than 1% of that size (323Kb). So small in fact that it would have fit on a floppy disk!
More seriously, this decrease is a fantastic saving for those of you who have metered bandwidth and makes the upgrade process much more reliable for those on poor connections.
Changelog since the first 1.5 release
- [Windows] Updater window out of focus VB-22431
- [Windows] Not all translation files get packaged (e.g. Mexican Spanish)
- [macOS] Disable macOS Sierra tabs feature as it causes problems VB-22113
- Default zoom is not honored for Websites opens with middle click or mouse gesture VB-23180
- No referer header with open new tab VB-11034
- Copying the first character in the URL bar results in the entire contents being copied VB-23246