Tab stacking is now enabled by default.
And we’ve added another way to combine tabs – by long pressing on the new tab button (+)->Create new tab stack.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2490.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [Tab bar] Allow creating a Tab Stack from the New Tab button (long-press) VAB-4903
- [Tab bar] Empty line between bottom and navigation bar VAB-4399
- [Tab bar] Enable tab stacking as default VAB-4947
- [Tab bar] Increase contrast between Active Tab and Background Tabs in Dark Theme VAB-4942
- [Tab bar] It doesn’t get updated after turning off tab stacking VAB-4949
- [Tab bar] Tab strip decides if tabs are shown as favicons VAB-4929
- [Tablet] ‘Create account’ for sync in Settings is too long
- [Tablet] Increase distance from House icon to address field VAB-4937
- [Tablet] Not possible to edit note folder VAB-4915
- [Tablet] Panel doesn’t toggle with panel button on VAB-4944
- [Search] Change Yahoo! search URL VAB-4927
- [Start page] Back button doesn’t move back out of Speed Dial folder VAB-2398
- [Crash] Nullpointer on going back in bookmark edit window on phone VAB-4912
- [Regression] Back button on edit bookmarks doesn’t save changes VAB-4914
- [Regression] Bookmark and folder edit dialog crashes on back VAB-4895
- [Regression] Crash when swiping back in note folder select window VAB-4939
- [Regression] Search engine suggestion bar is misaligned when tab group is active VAB-4779
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 96.0.4664.51
Main photo by Jason Leung.