Tab bar improvements
Now there are two new options in Settings-Tabs: ‘Show x button for background tabs’ and ‘Show tab as favicon’. Both of them are disabled by default. With this addition Vivaldi users have much more power to adjust the tab bar’s view so it matches their taste.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2473.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New][Tab bar] More efficient use of tab space and X button setting for background tabs VAB-4781
- [New][Tab bar] Show tab as fav icon setting VAB-4826
- [Notes] Notes are saved in wrong folder VAB-4646
- [Tab bar] Avoid parent tab flicker while changing tabs within a stack VAB-4852
- [Tab bar] Empty line between bottom bar and navigation bar VAB-4399
- [Tab bar] New assets for inactive and active stacked tabs VAB-4854
- [Toolbar] Search button not showing when you are in a new private tab VAB-4436
- [Crash] Unhandled exception in call from native VAB-4776
- [Regression] Create note and move to new folder does not work properly VAB-4819
- [Regression] Deleting downloads in tablet mode aborts Vivaldi VAB-4821
- [Regression][Tablet] Crash on system back button VAB-4828
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 96.0.4664.30
Main photo by Davi Mendes.