QR Code Scanner
There are 3 ways you can launch the feature – from the URL field, through the search widget, and the app shortcut (long press on app icon).
Now they can be sorted the same way as Bookmarks and Notes, and get new thumbnails when big Speed Dials option is chosen.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2160.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New] QR Code Scanner VAB-1004
- [New] Sort options for Speed Dials VAB-2873
- [New] Add Speed Dial Thumbnails VAB-1695
- [Exit] Double tap back button to exit VAB-2448
- [Regression] Bottom toolbar on top of virtual keyboard VAB-3084
- [Regression] Display color temperature seems to change VAB-2882
- [Regression] Tab grouping gets enabled by opening a link in a new tab VAB-2718
- [Regression] Opening private tab opens in the background VAB-2122
- Upgraded Chromium to 88.0.4324.76
Main photo by Mitya Ivanov.