We have now begun publishing our Snapshot stream for the Vivaldi iOS browser.
To make it easier and lower the risk for you to test our cutting edge builds, Vivaldi Snapshot is a separate application that will be installed alongside the Final and have its own set of preferences and settings.
Differences to Beta/Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our fans a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi iOS package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or report it directly to our bug tracking system. When commenting or reporting a bug, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
Here are some of the changes that have been made:
- Settings- Appearance & Theme- Force a dark theme on all websites (VIB-592).
Ever wished for a darker browsing experience? Your wish is granted with the introduction of force dark webpages settings. Now, you can enjoy a more comfortable viewing experience, especially during late-night browsing sessions.
- Website Appearance and Accent Color Settings (Settings- Appearance & Theme) (VIB-569).
Personalize your browsing experience like never before with website appearance and accent color settings. Tailor Vivaldi to suit your style preferences and make every browsing session uniquely yours.
- With this update, you now have the ability to disable ad blocking on local networks(VIB-563).
- Improved Menu Options (VIB-444). Manage your open tabs with the addition of a context menu item for opening tabs in the background.
- We’ve made it easier to navigate through settings (VIB-581). Wallpaper settings have been moved to the start page settings.
- Dynamic Preview for Theme Wallpaper Picker (VIB-495)
Experience a dynamic preview for the Theme Wallpaper, allowing you to see how different wallpapers will look before making your selection.
- We’ve made various UI enhancements, including glitch fixes in sync settings while scrolling, a private theme for private tab locked backgrounds, and restructured toolbar buttons for improved usability (VIB-486, VIB-503, VIB-547).
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
- [New][Settings] Add settings for force dark webpages (VIB-592)
- [New][Settings] Add website appearance and accent color settings (VIB-569)
- [Ad blocker] Unable to disable ad blocking on local networks (VIB-563)
- [Bookmarks] Move bookmarks to trash on delete (VIB-560)
- [Menus] Add context menu item for open tabs in background (VIB-444)
- [Settings] Move wallpaper settings to start page settings (VIB-581)
- [Start Page] Add a dynamic preview for Theme Wallpaper Picker (VIB-495)
- [Sync] Settings glitch while scrolling (VIB-486)
- [UI] Add private theme for private tab locked background (VIB-503)
- [UI] Restructure toolbar buttons (VIB-547)
- Upgraded to 122.0.6261.13
We are currently offering Snapshots from TestFlight Download iOS snapshot.
The snapshot version can’t be set as default.
Main photo by Jan Canty.