We have now begun publishing our Snapshot stream for the Vivaldi iOS browser.
To make it easier and lower the risk for you to test our cutting edge builds, Vivaldi Snapshot is a separate application that will be installed alongside the Final and have its own set of preferences and settings.
Differences to Beta/Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our fans a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi iOS package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or report it directly to our bug tracking system. When commenting or reporting a bug, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
Here are some of the changes that have been made:
- With the latest update, you can now adjust the order of reverse search suggestions when the address bar is at the bottom. Head to Settings-Tabs-Choose Bottom for the address bar position, and you can enable or disable ‘Reverse search suggestion order’. (VIB-518)
- We’ve addressed an issue where wallpaper’s page setting wasn’t scrolling correctly on smaller screens. (VIB-508)
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
- [New] Add settings for reverse search suggestion order when address bar on the bottom (VIB-518)
- [Wallpaper setting] Page is not scrolling on small screen (VIB-508)
- [Regression] Fix tab switcher animation on landscape mode (VIB-516)
- [Regression] Web page side swipe shows tab switcher underneath (VIB-517)
We are currently offering Snapshots from TestFlight Download iOS snapshot.
The snapshot version can’t be set as default.
Main photo by 愚木混株 cdd20.