Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2097.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [Address bar] Search suggestions go out of the screen VAB-2579
- [Crash] Tab Switcher crashes when opening it VAB-2659
- [Regression] Android/Chromium icon instead of Vivaldi’s one VAB-2665
- [Regression] Help&Feedback menu goes to Google support page VAB-2657
- [Regression] Navigation buttons inside V-menu should also be at the bottom VAB-2654
- [Regression] Portrait mode is missing panel button when toolbar is at the bottom VAB-2636
- [Regression] Tab Bar does not appear when first opening Vivaldi VAB-2640
- [Start Page] Scale up Text thumb for large Speed Dial VAB-2559
- [UI] Vivaldi search widget doesn’t function properly, with the address bar at the bottom VAB-2589
Main photo by Todd Quackenbush.