Here are some of the changes that have been made:
- We’ve listened to your feedback and are excited to introduce a new feature that streamlines the process of adding URLs to your reading list. Just click on the Share button – Reading List and you’re all set to save that intriguing article you stumbled upon. You can do this both from Vivaldi and from any other external apps.
- We’ve added a search feature to folder chooser dialogs with VAB-7787, making it a snap to find and categorize your bookmarks.
- With VAB-7900, we’ve enhanced our settings to ensure that capturing screenshots of private tabs is no longer possible.
- With VAB-7942, we’ve decreased the distance between items in the bookmark editor, making it easier to manage your bookmarks. Additionally, we’ve updated the folder icon for a more modern and intuitive look, ensuring you can quickly locate and organize your bookmarks.
- With VAB-7025, we’ve improved the contrast for background tabs, making them more visible and helping you effortlessly switch between your open web pages.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
- [New] Provide an easier workflow to add a URL to the reading list (VAB-6474)
- [Bookmarks] Add search to folder chooser dialogs (VAB-7787)
- [Settings] Capturing screenshots of private tabs shouldn’t be possible (VAB-7900)
- [UI] Decrease distance between items in bookmark editor and update folder icon (VAB-7942)
- [UI] Improve contrast for background tabs (VAB-7025)
- [Regression][Bookmarks] Editor skips the previous step when tapping page back button (VAB-7875)
- [Regression] Wrong icon used for home button on tablets, in landscape mode (VAB-7925)
- [Regression] Notes folder chooser is missing icons (VAB-7930)
- [Crash] Play Store crash (VAB-7949)
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 116.0.5845.195: fixes CVE-2023-4863 [a.k.a CVE-2023-5129]
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (3132.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (above). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
Main photo by Aaron Burden.