Here are some of the changes that have been made:
- We’ve done some small tweaks to the default browser icon in dark theme.
- Navigating through your browser’s main menu should be an intuitive and delightful experience for everyone, especially for those new to our product. In response to user feedback, we’ve implemented preset 2 as the default main menu layout for new users. This layout is carefully crafted to provide easy access to frequently used features and settings, allowing you to tailor your browsing environment to your preferences right from the start.
- We’ve been made aware of an issue regarding a password manager renderer crash, and we want to assure you that our team has been hard at work to address this regression. We’ve successfully identified and rectified the underlying issue and the problem has been resolved now.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
- [UI] Set as default browser banner icon changes (VAB-7813)
- [UI] Use preset 2 as deafult for Main Menu layout for new users (VAB-7736)
- [Regression] Password manager crash(VAB-7542)
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 116.0.5845.122
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (3110.15)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (above). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
Main photo by PaaZ PG.