Here are some of the changes that have been made:
- An issue was reported concerning the creation of new notes within the currently open folder. This problem disrupted the organization and management of notes, causing inconvenience for users. The browser update addresses this issue by ensuring that new notes are created within the appropriate folder, streamlining note-taking and facilitating efficient organization.
- With the recent update, the Get Started page is now added as the last step of the onboarding process. This modification allows users to familiarize themselves with the core features of the browser in a more structured manner, making the onboarding experience more user-friendly.
- A regression issue was reported that affected the functionality of the Password Manager popup. This issue disrupted the autofill feature, causing inconvenience for users trying to access their saved passwords.
- Users noticed a regression issue that prevented the Tab Switcher button from working when tab grouping was disabled. This issue hindered efficient navigation between tabs, especially for users who preferred not to use tab grouping. The recent update has addressed this regression, allowing users to switch between tabs using the Tab Switcher button, regardless of whether tab grouping is enabled or disabled.
- Users encountered a problem with the options available inside the bookmark trash that has been resolved in this build.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
- [Notes] New notes aren’t created inside the currently open folder (VAB-7366)
- [UI] Open Get Started page as last step of Onboarding (VAB-7488)
- [Regression] Password Manager popup stopped working (VAB-7411)
- [Regression] Tab Switcher button doesn’t work when tab grouping is disabled (VAB-7460)
- [Regression] Wrong options inside bookmark trash (VAB-7491)
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (3035.14)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (above). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
Main photo by Steinar Engeland.