Settings for automatically closing of tabs – improvements
We’ve added some more improvements to our auto closing inactive tabs feature.
- Now the users can close inactive tabs by simply tapping on ‘Close inactive tabs’ button without waiting to be notified.
- Close tabs dialog was changed for better and easier user experience.
- Vivaldi initiates a new check for inactive tabs when one of the settings (Never, One Week, One Month, Three Months) is changed.
- A snack bar pops up when you have closed inactive tabs.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2800.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [Auto Close Tabs] Add Close button in auto close setting (VAB-6403)
- [Auto Close Tabs] Change buttons and checkbox behavior in close tabs dialog (VAB-6415)
- [Auto Close Tabs] Initiate new check when auto close tabs setting was changed (VAB-6402)
- [Auto Close Tabs] Show snack bar after tabs have been closed with the auto close feature (VAB-6421)
- [Crash] Play Store crash (VAB-6422)
- [Regression] Edit on Bookmark folders is crashing (VAB-6404)
- [Regression] Private tab doesn’t show search engine icon (VAB-6391)
- [Regression] Tab counter doesn’t get updated after using Close Other Tabs (VAB-6397)
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 106.0.5249.48
Main photo by Hans Veth.