Application language settings
Up until now, the language of Vivaldi mobile was the one selected for your operation system. Now you can choose a different one by simply going to Settings – Language Settings – App language.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2252.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New] Add option to change application language VAB-845
- [Bookmarks] Can’t change parent folder in Add Folder dialogue VAB-3573
- [Bookmarks] Separators are counted but invisible VAB-3408
- [Regression] Crash when adding new speed dial in start page folder with separators VAB-3593
- [Regression] Crash when changing parent folder of new bookmark item inside panel VAB-3625
- [UI] Do not color navigation when tabs are on top and Tab Bar is disabled VAB-3611
- [Welcome page] Should display in fullscreen on tablets VAB-3631
- [Welcome page] Tab style images are truncated in smaller screens VAB-3622
- Upgraded Chromium to 90.0.4430.42
Main photo by Paul Hanaoka.