Editable menu bar for phones
Go to Settings and under General you will find Menu settings where you can choose the view of your menu bar between two presets or you can customize it your way.
Another way to do that is to go to the main Vivaldi menu and choose Edit menu bar.
Hardware key authentication
Hardware key authentication (WebAuthn / FIDO / U2F) now works in Vivaldi for Android.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2855.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New][Main Menu] Editable menu bar implementation (VAB-6514)
- [New] Hardware key authentication (WebAuthn / FIDO / U2F) now works in Vivaldi for Android
- [Input] Select All context menu doesn’t select ‘input type=”text”‘ contents (VAB-6661)
- [Regression] Impossible to go back to mobile version once Always use desktop mode is selected (VAB-6692)
- [Regression] Ignore the “Stay in browser” setting for Custom Chrome Tabs (VAB-6683)
- [Regression] Private tab doesn’t show search engine icons (VAB-6699)
- [Settings] Make small speed dials default (VAB-6593)
- [Start Page] Show 4 rows in small speed dial (VAB-6592)
- [Sync]Refactor notes attachment to prepare for synchronization of attachment content (VB-91972)
- [Tablet] Newly opened tabs get the address bar pre-filled (VAB-6678)
- [UI] Make bottom navigation bar transparent in Onboarding (VAB-6617)
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 108.0.5359.45
Main photo by Nathan Dumlao.