We have now added a new panel for translating text on mobile as well. You can translate arbitrary text and have a history of all recent translations. It is located in the last position of all panels.
If you want to translate something from a web page, select text and choose ‘Translate selection’ from the context menu.
Note: Auto detection is missing in that build (available only on tablets).
Syncable search engines
From now on you can sync all your search engines between desktop and mobile, and/or your mobile devices.
Note: To get it work you need to have a new snapshot desktop build as well (it’s coming soon).
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (2620.3)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [New] Translate panel VAB-5077
- [New] Translate selected text on web pages VAB-4551
- [New] Syncable search engines VB-46482
- [Bookmarks] Issue with sorting bookmarks alphabetically VAB-5540
- [Reading list] Read items text is not visible properly VAB-5514
- [Sync] Reading list is missing in the sync selection list VAB-5440
- [Regression] Different app icon VAB-5518
- [Regression] ‘Send to your devices’ crashes Vivaldi VAB-5477
- [Regression] Tracker&ad-blocker info is hard to see in dark theme VAB-5523
- [Regression] Vivaldi shows blank page when bottom address bar is enabled VAB-5504
- [Chromium] Upgraded to 100.0.4896.52
Main photo by JACQUELINE BRANDWAYN.