We wanted to give you a small update snapshot with some of our latest fixes before the weekend, so you would have something new and shiny to play with. We are working on a new feature (search suggestions) but the main focus is once again bug fixing. As always we have tried to pick out a few that you have highlighted here or on social media, including YouTube videos not playing within the web panels—a very nice use of panels by the way—and we added sorting on the Bookmarks Bar.
If your «pet bug» has not been fixed yet, don’t worry at the rate we are going we may get to it soon!
This is work in progress. To try it, you will need to restore your search engines to the defaults (via the «Search» tab in Settings) then go to the Privacy section and uncheck «Disable Search Suggestions in Address Field».
We bumped a major version of Chromium in this build. These updates sometimes have a few extra issues, so watch out for problems and regressions. We need your help in finding any new issues related to that.
- Offscreen thumbnails used by Speed Dial are never generated (VB-13085): If you don’t reload them, or add new URLs via the Speed Dial directly then you should not see the issue
- We are aware that some people are having serious issues with this build. If you want to test nonetheless and help us fine the problems you can manually upgrade (auto update is disabled).
- Windows: 32-bit | 64-bit (experimental)
- Mac: 10.7+
- Linux DEB: 64-bit | 32-bit
- Linux RPM: 64-bit | 32-bit
- [Regression] Spatial Navigation Shift+arrow up/down broken (VB-13625)
- [Regression] Still focus problems in notes using the up/down-arrowkeys (VB-13516)
- [Regression] [Linux] Click to address field replace clipboard data by URL (VB-9519)
- Autocomplete not working correctly in Speed Dial Drawer and Bookmark Editor (VB-13930)
- Blank page on startup with internal page as homepage (VB-13695)
- Grouping Tabs while Tab-Grouping is disabled results in tab-group with no select possibility (VB-13573)
- Shift+F4 closes the browser (as if it was Alt+F4) (VB-4627)
- New bookmark URL is not selected (VB-13632)
- No title for bookmarks folders on the Bookmark panel when choosed «Icons only» (VB-7371)
- Settings page titles are inconsistent (VB-13590)
- Sorting bookmarks on Bookmarks Bar — Adding a context menu and setting (VB-9419)
- Support for suggestions in urlfield omnidropdown (VB-13331)
- Upgrade to Chromium 49.0.2623.91
- URLs typed in address bar are not loaded sometimes (VB-13921)
- When focus follow mouse, the window gets automatically activated (VB-11947)
- Windows Installer Icon is ugly (VB-13983)
- YouTube Video in panel won’t play (VB-13647)