Here are some of the changes that have been made:
- Vivaldi has fixed an issue where the wrong search engine icon was displayed for Private Tabs when Google was set as the default engine on regular tabs (VAB-8481).
- The latest update resolves an issue where Chinese translation was not functioning correctly (VAB-7425).
- For users with large screens, the update addresses an empty space issue when the tab bar is disabled (VAB-1409).
- We want to unify the toolbar button positions across Android and iOS, and in doing so we are making some changes and additions to what is positioned where (VAB-8457).
- We’ve resolved also several regressions and crashes.
Take a look at the changelog for a full overview of the changes and let us know what you think.
- [PWA] Remove the PWA prompt dialog (VAB-8278)
- [Search Engine] Wrong search engine icon for Private tabs when Google is set as default engine on regular tabs (VAB-8481)
- [Translations] Cannot translate Chinese (VAB-7425)
- [UI] Empty space with disabled tab bar on large screens (VAB-1409)
- [UI] Restructure of UI buttons (VAB-8457)
- [Regression][Tablet] Not working “Desktop site” view (VAB-8310)
- [Regression] Turning off tab stacks leads into various problems (VAB-8409)
- [Crash] Crash when repeatedly opening software keyboard (VAB-8450)
- [Crash] The browser crashes if you click on Touch to search setting (VAB-8548)
- Upgraded to 120.0.6099.221
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (3240.4)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
Differences to Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our users a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to Final. If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package.
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (above). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
Main photo by Walls.io.