Message in the Contact form below not sent?
Some users have reported that they are not able to send us a message using the Contact form below. After they click Send, nothing happens. We’ve tried to reproduce this bug on our side, but so far without success.
If you’re also unable to send us a message, please use the Bug Report on Vivaldi.com/bugreport instead. For Affected product select Website: Vivaldi.net and for Type of Issue select Problem/defect. Fill in the rest of the form based on the issue you wanted to contact us about.
In addition to the topic you need help with, please mention in the bug report that you were unable to contact us through the Contact form and answer the following questions as best as you can.
- Do you use extensions? If you do, please name them.
- Do you get any error messages when filling out the contact form? If you do, what does the error message say?
- When you open Dev Tools (right click on the page and select Inspect from the context menu) and go to the Console, are there any error messages there? If there are, what do they say?
Thank you for helping us out! 🙂
Errors on Vivaldi.net with account related actions?
If you’ve tried to register, update your profile or anything else related to your account on Vivaldi.net, but upon submitting or saving get an error message, the issue could be due to an Extension. We’ve confirmed that a dark mode extension, Dark Reader, causes these errors, but there may be others as well.
Please disable extensions on vivaldi://extensions to see if you can finish your activity then. If the issue is still there after disabling all extensions, please send us a message in the contact form below.
In case you can confirm the issue with Dark Reader, we’d appreciate if you could report this issue on their Github page.
Issues with registration and logging into the Vivaldi Community (Vivaldi.net)
Haven’t received the account confirmation email?
- Make sure a valid email address was entered in the registration form.
- Check all mailbox folders, including the spam folder, for an email with the title “Vivaldi.net – Account Confirmation”.
- Occasionally, email service providers queue emails, so the email might arrive in your Inbox with a delay.
Forgot the password and now the account is locked?
When you’ve tried to log in with the wrong password too many times, your account will get temporarily locked. In that case wait 5 minutes and then send yourself a password reset email.
Error message: "The account is locked or doesn't exist." on the password reset page.
When on sending a password reset email to your account’s recovery email you see the error message ‚The account is locked or doesn’t exist.‘
- Check that the username (not email) is typed correctly.
- In case it’s a new account, make sure that you activated it by clicking on a link in the confirmation email we sent to your account’s recovery email right after registration. Send yourself a new account confirmation email, if necessary.
- Try password reset again a little later. For example, if you used the wrong password too many times, the account will be locked for a few minutes.
How can I change my Vivaldi.net account's recovery email address?
Currently we have to change your account’s recovery email for you. In order to do that, please tell us:
- the username,
- the current recovery email address and
- the email address you wish to have.
If you have multiple Vivaldi accounts make sure the new recovery email isn’t already linked to another account. Also, the recovery email can’t be the same as the account’s Vivaldi email.
Vivaldi Technologies AS - Headquarters
Eiðistorg 13-15, 3rd floor
18 Norman Ave
Gloucester MA 01930