We have now begun publishing our Snapshot stream for the Vivaldi Android browser.
To make it easier and lower the risk for you to test our cutting edge builds, Vivaldi Snapshot is a separate application that will be installed alongside the Beta/Final and have its own set of preferences and settings.
Differences to Beta/Final
The purpose of these snapshots is to allow our fans a chance to preview upcoming changes, and to help us ensure the quality of our latest fixes and improvements, before we add them to a Beta (or Final). If you would prefer something that was already widely tested, stick with the main Vivaldi Android package (currently in Beta).
When testing a Snapshot, it is a good idea to review the changelog (below). Try out the changes and let us know your thoughts in the comments section or directly in the Play Store. When commenting in the Play Store, remember that it is helpful to mention the version you were testing with.
We are currently offering Snapshots from the Play Store.
Sometimes there might be a delay after a snapshot blog post goes live, while updates are rolled out via the Play Store. If you don’t want to wait, or you do not use the Play Store on your device, we also offer .apk files for manual installation.
Alternative Downloads (1624.207)
Manually installed files can be updated from the Play Store at a later date, provided you installed the one that is most appropriate for your device. If you are not sure which one is right for you, simply install Droid Hardware Info [Alt], switch to the ‘System’ Tab and look at the ‘Instruction Sets’ line.
- [Capture] Added warning and link to settings when permission was not granted
- [Crash] Fixes for several common crashers
- [Sync][Notes] Duplication: To benefit from the change, all synced clients must include this fix (VB-57285)
- [Sync][Tablet] Thumbnails images have wrong proportion after syncing (VB-51973)
- [Themes] Settings disappear (VB-57077)
- [Tabs] Cannot undo «Close All Tabs» after opening a private tab (VB-55970)
- Updates to Vivaldi about in German (VB-57239)
- Updates to Welcome to Vivaldi page in Portuguese (VB-57240)
- Use Yandex search engine for RU locale (VB-57304)
- Vivaldi app is in English, despite phone language being set to Estonian (VB-57514)
- Further translation updates
Main photo by Paul Zoetemeijer