We make browsers. That’s what we do. And we’re pretty good at it. The recipe for success? Build a great community that helps us make the browser better. And give ownership of the product to the team that’s building it.
Now we’re looking for an experienced product designer to help lead the direction of future releases across a range of products (desktop and mobile).
Product Designers at Vivaldi are experienced in interaction design, visual design, prototyping, and user testing. You’ll design our products by solving complex challenges in simple, elegant ways alongside our other designers and developers.
- Gather requirements and discuss with stakeholders
- Create rational, elegant designs to complex problems
- Build wireframes and early-stage prototypes
- Engage in design critique and discussions
- Deliver high quality comps, flows and assets to team members
- Support engineers, QA and CS in implementation
- Continuously work to address defects and usability issues
- Passionate about technology and user experience design
- Detail-oriented, with focus on designing clean and understandable interfaces
- A doer that doesn’t shy away from challenges and is able to break down complex problems into smaller tasks and follow through with them.
- Self-driven, with the ability to take initiative and motivate others.
- Flexible, team player and able to work with distributed teams
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment, applying agile methodologies.
- Based in Oslo or Reykjavik
- Relevant work experience with other Mobile or Desktop applications
- Knowledge of Web Standards
- Skilled with modern design tools (at Vivaldi we use Figma)
- Experience with conducting research activities such as user research, user interviews or usability testing
- Meetups every June in our Magnolia (US) Office, and every October in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- A daycare room in the Office
- Option to travel to any of the offices when you want
- A fantastic lunch
- 5 weeks of vacation
You get to join one of the most experienced teams in the browsing industry and be part of shaping Vivaldi’s next rocket launch! Also, we don’t have any external investors telling us what to do – we’re 100% employee owned 👍
Sound like a dream role? Send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]