Location: Oslo or Reykjavik
We make browsers. That’s what we do. And we’re pretty good at it. The recipe for success? Build a kick-ass community that helps us make the browser better. We’re looking for a new teammate to get dirty with the code and create something special with us.
We are looking for a C/C++ developer with 3+ years of coding experience. Your primary responsibility will be to design, develop and maintain the native base of the Vivaldi web browser which is based on the Chromium open-source project.
Check out the details below. If you’re into whipping up brain-melting solutions with a hungry, fast-moving team, get in touch and join the ride. You’re our kind of dev.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience.
- Strong proficiency in C++, with fair knowledge of the language specification.
- Knowledge of the Chromium open-source browser project or a keen interest in learning more about it.
- Experience with developer tools for Windows, Linux, macOS or Android.
- Passionate about technology and interested in user experience.
- Detail-oriented, with focus on writing maintainable and testable code.
- A doer that doesn’t shy away from challenges and is able to break down complex problems into smaller tasks and follow through with them.
- Self-driven, with the ability to take initiative and motivate others.
- Flexible and able to work with distributed teams.
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment, applying agile methodologies.
- Based in Oslo or Reykjavik.
You get to join one of the most experienced teams in the browsing industry and be part of shaping Vivaldi’s next rocket launch! Also, we don’t have any external investors telling us what to do – we’re 100% employee owned 👍
We’re a small company and like to have everyone under one roof. At this time we’re only looking for people already based in Oslo or Reykjavik.
Sound like a dream role? Send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]