Location: Oslo or Reykjavik
We make browsers. That’s what we do. And we’re pretty good at it. We made Opera and now we’re making Vivaldi. The recipe for success? Build a kick-ass community that helps us make the browser better. We’re looking for a new teammate to get dirty with the code and create something special with us.
We are looking for an Android developer who possesses a passion for pushing mobile technologies to the limits. Your primary responsibility will be to develop and maintain the Vivaldi web browser for Android, which is based on the Chromium open-source project. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
Check out the details below. If you’re into whipping up brain-melting solutions with a hungry, fast-moving team, get in touch and join the ride. You’re our kind of dev.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject, or equivalent experience.
- Proven software development experience and Android skills development.
- Proven working experience in Android app development.
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK / NDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes.
- Knowledge of the Chromium open-source browser project or a keen interest in learning more about it.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Passionate about technology and interested in user experience.
- Detail-oriented, with focus on writing maintainable and testable code.
- A doer that doesn’t shy away from challenges and is able to break down complex problems into smaller tasks and follow through with them.
- Self-driven, with the ability to take initiative and motivate others.
- Flexible and able to work with distributed teams.
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment, applying agile methodologies.
- Based in Oslo or Reykjavik.
- Meetups every June in our Magnolia (US) Office, and every October in Reykjavik, Iceland.
- A daycare room in the Office
- Option to travel to any of the offices when you want
- A fantastic lunch
- 5 weeks of vacation
You get to join one of the most experienced teams in the browsing industry and be part of shaping Vivaldi’s next rocket launch! Also, we don’t have any external investors telling us what to do – we’re 100% employee owned 👍
We’re a small company and like to have everyone under one roof. At this time we’re only looking for people already based in Oslo or Reykjavik.
Sound like a dream role? Send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]