Location: Oslo or Reykjavik
We make browsers. That’s what we do. And we’re pretty good at it. We made Opera and now we’re making Vivaldi. The recipe for success? Build a kick ass community that helps us make the browser better. We’re looking for a new team mate to get dirty with the code and create something special with us.
The adventure? Develop the Vivaldi Community (vivaldi.net) and our main site (vivaldi.com). Together with a small squad of developers, designers and community managers, you would be central to the strategy and bringing the vision to life.
Check out the details below. If you’re into whipping up brain-melting solutions with a hungry, fast-moving team, get in touch and join the ride. You’re our kind of dev.
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in building and maintaining high-performance websites.
- Fluency in English, both oral and written.
- Proficiency with WordPress, advanced configurations or multi-site and NodeBB forum software.
- Authentication, especially oAuth.
- Working knowledge of SEO and analytics software (Piwik).
- An experienced backend developer.
- Passionate about technology and interested in user experience.
- Detail-oriented, with focus on writing maintainable and testable code.
- A doer that doesn’t shy away from challenges and is able to break down complex problems into smaller tasks and follow through with them.
- Self-driven, with the ability to take initiative and motivate others.
- Flexible and able to work with distributed teams.
- Happy to work in a fast-paced environment, applying agile methodologies.
- Based in Oslo or Reykjavik.
You get to join one of the most experienced teams in the browsing industry and be part of shaping Vivaldi’s next rocket launch! No need to say the team you’ll be working with is full of awesomeness
Sound like a dream role? Send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected]